11. Juni 2008

Dumb & Dumber

Ein lesenswerter aber langer Artikel ist im The Atlantic erschienen: Is Google Making Us Stupid?.

I’m not thinking the way I used to think. I can feel it most strongly when I’m reading. Immersing myself in a book or a lengthy article used to be easy. [...] That’s rarely the case anymore. Now my concentration often starts to drift after two or three pages. [...] My mind now expects to take in information the way the Net distributes it: in a swiftly moving stream of particles. Once I was a scuba diver in the sea of words. Now I zip along the surface like a guy on a Jet Ski.

Der Artikel ist wirklich gut geschrieben und trifft meiner Meinung nach auch voll ins Schwarze. Der Artikel ist wie ein Spiegel in dem ich mich selbst erkenne. Bin gespannt, ob es euch auch so geht.